Monday, December 6, 2010

Welcome to My World!

Being a stay-at-home mom/trophy wife is very, very rewarding most days, but it has its moments.  Those moments are when I glance at the clock and see it's 1:45 p.m, and then glance down and see I'm wearing my yoga pants for the tenth day in a row.  There are typically drops of food and spit-up on them that become the map of meals eaten over the past week.  The days are numerous when I run my tongue over my chompers and realize it's been 24 hours since I've brushed my teeth.  *Just a note that the title 'trophy wife' is complete sarcasm.  One day I looked in the mirror and was really taken aback at how crappy I looked, and so I call myself that as a reminder that life is funny.

However, life is good.  The days I wake up to my daughter cooing in the crib are priceless.  Hearing my son say, "Tankoo," when I tell him I love him is priceless.  Looking at my eldest daughter's eyes light up when she realizes it's a day to stay home with her mom and siblings is priceless.  I wouldn't change my life's decisions for a single second....not a one.

Now the thing about this blog is that it's being written with the intent of being my creative outlet, but I guarantee nothing but utmost honesty.  It's going to sound cruel some days and saccharin sweet others.  You might get mad at my brutal observations, but I don't give a damn.  This is my blog.  These are my thoughts.  You don't have to read them.  I hope you do.  I hope you can relate.  I hope you can feel a connection to me, even though you might not know who I am.  If not, just keep your opinions to yourself....I have a five and two year old, and their opinions are enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment